OUR MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
As an intercultural school community focussed on best practice in international education, Bloomsbury fosters academic achievement, essential life skills and qualities we regard as necessary for global citizenship in the twenty first century.
The school through its curriculum, its teaching and learning and its institutional ethos promotes intercultural understanding, empathy, communication and respect as complements to a sense of cultural and national identity and as essential aspects of global citizenship.
- Developing confidence in students to enable them to realise their full potential both academically as independent learners and in terms of self-actualisation and self-discovery;
- Expediting the development of academic, practical problem-solving and social relationship skills among students;
- Instilling a strong sense of moral purpose and a sense of responsibility to wider communities as complements to curriculum-based knowledge among students;
- Encouraging a spirit of service to others among students;
- Providing an environment conducive to the development of friendships between school members both as a desirable aim in itself and as a vehicle for intercultural understanding and empathy;
- Celebrating cultural diversity in a manner which acknowledges and respects cultural difference;
- Engaging teachers who are both highly skilled professional educators and effective role models for students;
- Expediting the acquisition of new knowledge on a daily basis among students;
- Fostering an inclusive, supportive and welcoming ethos for all school stakeholders (students, parents, staff et al) so that everyone feels valued, respected and able to participate in suitable school activities as appropriate;
- Encouraging a sense of pride in belonging to the school community, of loyalty, of unity and of shared purpose among all school members.
Bloomsbury International School Hatyai is fully committed to the principles and values enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and seeks to ensure that these are duly respected, imparted and promoted in all aspects of the school’s operation. Posters reproducing the text of this invaluable document in child-friendly language are accordingly displayed in classrooms and other venues throughout the school.